If you have interest in this opening, please provide us with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested and what makes you stand out as a candidate.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Wellness Technician is responsible for delivering accurate health and wellness screening services to clients in an efficient and timely manner with the highest level of professionalism and customer service. The following is a list of primary responsibilities of the Wellness Technician, though it is not to be considered conclusive.
- Conduct CLIA-waived testing for blood lipid and glucose and hemoglobin A1c levels, measure participant’s blood pressure using both automated and manual sphygmomanometers, measure participant’s height, weight, abdominal girth and body fat.
- Provide general counseling information to participants helping them to interpret their specific results, areas of increased risk, modifiable lifestyle behaviors and make appropriate referral to the primary care provider as necessary. This is done in 5-7 minutes and must not include any diagnosis or medical advice.
- The Wellness Technician will be responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of requisite equipment during screening events.
- Aid the set up and break down of the testing area to ensure efficient and private workflow.
- Aid in managing workflow during each event to ensure privacy and minimize waiting by participants.
- Other duties as necessary to achieve the goal of providing professional and customer-centered health screening services.
- Ability to travel throughout the Northeast U.S.
- Any applicable state licenses must be current and without restriction.
- Completion of NYS Infection Control and Barrier Precautions Training
- Excellent customer service with participants
- Professional conduct with site contacts.
- Background and experience in phlebotomy.
- Experience in counseling patients about risk factors for CHD and diabetes with a good understanding of lifestyle factors that affect risk.
- High level of contact with a variety of socio-economic groups.
- Customer service background with the ability to quickly connect with individuals in a personal and meaningful way.
Job Type: Part-time, 20 to 30 hours per month.
Salary: $17.00 to $30.00 /hour